Thursday, January 29, 2009

More Horrific Construction Choices

I don't understand the choices. But then, I rent, and the economics of renovation/construction elude me. Is this simply the cheapest and fastest choice? When I saw this house gutted a few weeks ago, I supposed that the whole thing was coming down. Sad enough, considering the amount of good wood going into their dumpster. But now, I see that the blond-brick aesthetic is proliferating. Oh dear.We see this sort of bottom bricked stuff popping up all over the place. And it's been happening for a while. It's been done on brownstones, red brick, and now, apparently, wood frames. Can someone enlighten me as to what the logic is?

1 comment:

David Brioso said...

There must be a sale on those bricks b/c you're right, they are everywhere.