Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sunset Park Gets the Bronze Medal


I'm not sure how I feel about this. To be honest, I'd rather Sunset Park hadn't placed at all. However, considering the mainstream benefits of the neighborhood (two express stops, the park, lots of restaurants, family-oriented, brownstones), my very unscientific suspicion is that a lot of would be Park Slope buyers are coming here to look and buy. And compared to PS, SP is an incredible deal. Of course, for a lot of SP residents, buying is a pipe dream that remains in the plumbing. (Play some lonely sounding violin music for me!)

Anyway, Sunset is just behind Park Slope and Fort Greene in sales for the first quarter of 2008. $43 million in sales! Insane! Here's the link to the article from the Brooklyn Daily Eagle.

You may have also heard about Sunset Park being one of the neighborhoods in all of NYC with the highest increase in sales. We're up there with Central Harlem, East Harlem, and Astoria. I guess Astoria kind of surprised me. I'm also a little surprised because some of those condos that Corcoran et al are trying to sell for ridiculous sums of cash (like on 6th Avenue) are still just sitting there after many months. Now my interest is piqued. I'll have to look into what's really for sale at ridiculous prices. Don't hold your breath, but do check back.

No comments: