Thursday, April 24, 2008

File Under: I don't get it (or I won't get it)


Perhaps it's more of "She's just so out of touch." But the recent news about Sunset Park being #3 in sales for Brooklyn pretty much stunned me. I know numbers can be played with, but it interested me enough to take a look around the neighborhood (via The New York Times Real Estate Section). Here's some of what I found:

For $1.15 million, you get a one-family between 5th and 6th Avenues.
For the same price, you get a two-family that COULD BE a one-family.
That makes this Brownstone on 45th between 4th and 5th Avenues look like a steal.
If you don't want to break the one million mark, how about this limestone on 45th for $979,000? There's an open house this weekend!
Taking a plunge past several homes in the $900 thousand range, what about this three-family on 39th Street for just $789,000?

Of course, Sunset is the land of the Coop. And there are plenty of 1 bedroom Coops available, some for around $170,000. Also, there are plenty of commercial buildings for sale...the priciest was $10 million, and on 41st and 8th, there's a building that was just lowered to just over $4 million! The ad says it could be a hotel or a daycare center. Anyone want to go in on it with me? I'll do either one.

No comments: